Friday, June 16, 2006

1881 La Flor De La Isabela

Not sure if it was the quality of the cigar or the atmosphere that I was partaking it. But it was a fine smoke. It was not my normal fare - as it was almost Panatela-esque. That is long and thin. Probably 7" long, I'm not sure of the ring size.

I was smoking this on a wonderful Tidewater Virginia Night, at an outdoor concert featuring Brad Paisley & Sara Evans. Good music, good tempature, good libation - basically I had no complaints.

The smoke was great. Very smooth, mild flavor and a rather quick burn, but that could be because of the breeze. I would say all was great until the last 1/3 of the stogie, when a little bitterness crept in, causing an unpleasant flavor and helping me to end the smoke with about 2" left.

It's probably from the Phillipines. Cigar Afic - rated a similar shorter cigar an 84 several yrs ago

No comments: