Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Coffee Vice?

Not sure how to consider this. Maybe it is just a Coffee Obsession - not quite a vice. But I just roasted my 1st batch of Green Beans. They were Columbian Supremo, purchased locally. I roasted them on a cookie sheet over the gas grill. They cooked about 14 minutes altogether. That is a bit longer than most instructions recommend. But I tried to follow the sound and look test. And 14 minutes was what was needed. Then cooling for about 5 minutes. I "cupped" them (Coffee aficianado-speak for 'tried a cup') and I am satisfied.

First of all let me say the roasting and cupping aroma is incredible. I feel like Juan Valdez is going to come up on the deck any minute.

I do believe I have not perfected the technique. There lacks an evenness in the color and the brew is just a bit weaker than I anticipated. I will try a couple different methods and see what I can improve on.

No comments: